An acute angle is that angle that calculates less than 90 degrees like 45 degrees, 60 degrees. Acute angles measure more than 0 degrees and less than 90 degrees. A triangle formed by all angles measuring less than 90 degrees is an acute angle if you choose the larger angle you will have a reflex angle. Sometimes we are confused between the Acute angle and Obtuse angle. So need to go so confused it’s easy to understand angles have many types but the acute angle is the smallest. Students can follow the formula of an acute angle to solve the sums of geometry. An acute angle comprises two line segments and is below 90 degrees. Two lines meet at one endpoint become an acute angle whether it is 45, 89, 28, 30 degrees.
How many types of angles:
when two lines intersect that moment creates an angle so there are many types of angles other than the acute angle which define different degree angles.
- Acute angle: – An angle which is measuring less than 90°and smallest degree angle is called an acute angle. The measure is between 0° to 90°. Take an imaginary example of The angle formed by the intersection of PQ and QR at Q forms an angle PQR which measures 45°. Thus, PQR is called an acute angle.
- Right angle: – Perfect 90-degree angle is right angle there is no less than or more than 90-degree angle. It just 90 degrees only defines the right angle. Two lines are perpendicular to each other.
- Obtuse angle: – more than 90 degrees and less than 180 degrees defines Obtuse angle. The angle measure ranges from 90° to 180°. An obtuse angle can also be found out if we have the measure of the acute angle.
- Straight angle: – The angle which measures exactly 180° is called a straight angle. This is similar to a straight line, thus the name straight angle. A straight angle is nothing but a mixture of an obtuse angle and acute angle on a line.
- Reflex angle: – The reflex angle which measures greater than 180° and less than 360° is known as the reflex angle. The reflex angle can be calculated if the measure of the acute angle is given, as it is complementary to the acute angle on the other side of the line.
Read Also: How To Learn Video Editing Yourself?
Measurement of Acute Angles
The acute angle always includes two-line segments that meet at one point that becomes an acute angle. These two line segments are known as the base of angle and arm of the angle respectively. Students can always construct these kinds of angles with a mathematical procedure which includes the usage of a pencil and compass or one can directly use a protractor.
Acute Angles in Real Life: –
- The angle made in the letter V is acute.
- If we slice a pizza into four or more slices, each slice of pizza will make an acute angle.
- If we carefully observe the wall clock in our homes, we will notice that at a certain point of time, the minute and hour hand formulate an acute angle.
- We will also observe acute angles in road signs on the crossing like No left turn.
- The turn signal indicator of the dashboard and the speedometer both establish acute angles inside the vehicle.
You should understand the difference in angles once you are aware of angles you can easily find out the angles lines segmentation. And you can prepare a diagram. An acute angle is easy to remember because acute is the smallest angle and starts at more than 0 degrees and less than 90 degrees. Cuemath is a good website where you can understand angles concepts with diagrams and well explanation and learn math. The experts at Cuemath help to provide kids with a compressive worksheet so that they can learn things in the right way. Angles are not difficult if you get the right stuff to understand.